When the Cold Weather hits, it’s imporTant to have a pair of waterproof Boots to keep your feet warm and dry. Most men’s Boots are not waterproof, so it’s imporTant to take a few steps to protect them from rain and snow. In this article, we will describe the Best ways to waterproof men’s Boots during the winter months.
Why should you waterproof your boots?
It is imporTant to waterproof men’s boots in the winter months because it helps keep your feet dry, warm and comfortable. When you wear wet Shoes, they can become cold and uncomfortable, which can lead to blisters or other irritation.
Water can also have a long-term effect on the integrity of your boots. Without proper treatment, water can damage the Leather, sole, and internal structure of your Footwear, leading to cracks and breakage.
Waterproofing men’s boots helps prevent the growth of mold and mildew tHat can damage the interior and exterior lining of the boot. Sure, Leather is a pretty waterproof material. However, it needs to be properly treated with the right products to maintain its waterproofing properTies.
Using a waterproof spray
Waterproof sprays are designed to add an extra Layer of protection against the elements. They can be applied to almost any type of men’s boot, including leather, fabric, and synthetic materials.
Waterproof sprays typically contain a combination of waxes, oils, and silicone that help create a breathable, water-repellent protective barrier.
For best results, apply waterproof spray in thin coats, allowing adequate time to dry between coats. It is imporTant to test the spray on a Small area of the boot before applying it to the entire surface.
To apply the spray, simply shake the bottle and hold it about 6 inches from your boots. Be sure to cover the entire surface of the boots, including any seams or Laces. Allow the spray to dry completely before using them outside, as this will ensure the best protection.
Waterproof Boot Wax Application
Waterproof Boot Wax can help protect your boots from water and dirt, while adding a layer of shine and conditioner. It’s important to apply sparingly, as too much can make boots look Slippery and oily.
Waterproof Boot Wax contains a combination of waxes and oils that help protect the surface of your boots.
To apply, start by using a cloth or brush to rub the wax into the surface of your boots in Small circular motions until fully absorbed. Allow to dry completely before wearing outside for maximum protection.
You should not over-apply boot wax. Sure, you can polish your boots weekly, but waterproofing wax application should only be done as needed. To know when you need to top up your waterproofing wax, check to see if water is dripping from your boots.
Using Seam Sealer on Boots
The seam sealant is deDesigned specifically for men’s leather boots and is used to prevent water from seeping through seams or cracks in the surface of boots. Each boot has places where water could seep in – typically where you find seams and gaps in the material and structure.
Unless you’re wearing wellington boots, this is pretty much unavoidable. Therefore, seam sealer is a must for any man who wants to ensure dry feet when wearing boots this winter.
To apply seam sealant, simply brush it onto the surface of men’s boots in thin coats, making sure to cover all seams and crevices. Allow to dry completely before using outside for best results.
What products are best for different styles of boots?
Not all waterproofing products work with every style of boot on the market.
Depending on the material and construction of your boot, you may need to use a specific type of product to avoid damaging the fabric surface of your boot.
How to waterproof full grain leather boots
Full grain leatherThe boots are some of the most durable men’s boots on the market. They look great, last for many years, and can be waterproofed with a variety of products.
However, if you want your full grain leather men’s boots to look good and perform well this winter, I would stick with waterproof boot wax.
- Clean your boots from top to bottom with a brush and cloth. This will ensure that you don’t deposit any unwanted dirt or dust on the surface of the leather when you begin to rub in the waterproofing wax.
- Apply a Small amount of waterproofing wax to a dry microfiber cloth and begin applying it to the leather in a circular motion. Be patient – wax needs time to soak in and dry completely.
- Buff dry wax with a clean, dry cloth. Doing so will ensure that the wax is absorbed evenly and completely into the leather, giving it the ultimate waterproof protection.
- Apply a seam sealant to the stitched areas of your boots to finish the protection process. Follow the instructions for your specific brand of sealant – this will help you get it right the first time, as the application process for different sealant products can vary.
How to waterproof Suede boots
Chamois + water = disaster.
All the more reason to waterproof them!
I get it – no one wants to ruin their favorite boots. However, if you apply a good amount of waterproofing spray to your suede boots, there’s no reason you can’t wear them in the winter.
- Clean your boots with a high-quality suede brush.
- Make sure your waterproofing spray is certified Suitable for suede products! I cannot stress this enough – Use the wrong product and you could ruin your boots.
- Keep your spray about 5 cm away from the surface of your boots. Spray carefully and consistently in sweeping motions.
- Let your boots dry.
- Brush with a suede brush to restore the original look of your suede boots. The spray can make your boots look a bit dull – a suede brush will fix this.
Postingbest ways to waterproof your boots this winter | Make winter boots last longerfirst appeaRed inReal Men Real Style.